RISE Competition for sustainable innovations in retail market and FMCG products
In the frame of the initiative “We Care Today - Live Better Tomorrow”, IELKA (Research Institute of Retail Consumer Goods) organizes competition on Sustainable Innovation in the wider FMCG industry, entitled “RISE Awards” (Retail Innovation for Sustainable Ecosystems).
Friday, February 28, 2020
Based on previous experience, the aim of the competition is the emerge, planning and promotion of innovative ideas that focus on sustainable retail market and FMCG products.
The main areas of interest include;
- Eco-friendly products packages
- New products and services with a smaller effect to the environment
- New products and services that promote consumer health and well-being.
- New ingredients and receipes in the direction of sustainable development for emerging consumer groups.
- Sustainable and innovative primary production and exploitation of the biodiversity of Greek nature.
- Energy saving technologies, systems and actions.
- Digital technologies for a sustainable and customer-centric supermarket and organized retail market.
- Innovation in waste management area.
Eligible participants are; new businesses, scientists, teams of researchers / students, business executives with innovative ideas in the above categories or that have already been awarded in various competitions as well as start-ups with innovative products / services.
- Until July 20 – Registrations
- Until September 15th - Evaluation of entries by experts
- Until October 30 - The finalists receive support from expert for the technical and commercial development of their innovative ideas
- Mid-November – Participant present their ideas to industry executives & selection of winners & special event for awarding winners.
The expert / mentor panel includes specialized supermarket and industries / suppliers, executives, academics specializing in trade / innovation, and representatives of relevant investment funds.
The winning groups / companies:
- will receive prizes totaling € 6,000.
- will be supported through networking with supermarkets and industries / suppliers for future partnerships and possible development of their product / service.
- will receive useful advices on business development (technical, administrative, organizational etc) from industry experts.
- will be in direct contact with qualified investors and related funds.
More information is available on the competition’s website: riseawards.gr